Saturday 8 October 2016

Brilliant White

A poem from 2016

Angel of light
Brilliant white
Star of the dawning
Morning
Bejewelled
Crowned with glory
Perfect, beautiful fire

Angel of doubt
Kicked out
Brilliant white
Turns nicotine yellow
Fallen crown
Cast down
Shadow of night

When we first met I thought you were wonderful
It seemed to me you could do no wrong
Soul mate
Empathy
We were so in love
Joined at the hip
A couply couple
I saw only joy and laughter in your eyes
I felt that electricity as hands held and lips touched
I thought I knew your every thought
Two hearts breathing as one
Radiant love
Glow and glow
Then time opened my eyes
You were not who I thought you were
Bitter words tortured
A roaring lion devouring
Faults exposed
Gleeful
Disentangling
Sparks flew as affection died
I don't even like you any more
Split apart
Painful tearing
Heart beats faint
Slow
Fire is out
Embers dying
Separation
Death
Eternal death

2 comments: