Wednesday 30 November 2016

angro-anxious

A poem from 2016

Watch me perform it on YouTube...
I'm not an angry person

Tut! Frustration! Irritation!
Taps taps taps fingers on the table

Calming breaths would be good
No snap responses

It's easy to assume the worst
Or see problems as enormous
Quick, emotional responses make it hard to see mitigating circumstances
Be not quick to anger!

I've been let down
I try not to let things get to me
But I tense up
Can't focus
Concentration out of the window
Constantly focusing on what made me angry

Oh, I would rather sulk than confront
Moan, whine, be sarcastic

Living on edge
Apprehensive
Panicky
I can't cope with this!
I try to avoid these things
Why put yourself at risk unnecessarily?

Oh, yes, I exaggerate

Tense, a bit shaky, hot and sweaty!
Shallow, difficult breaths
Heart beating loudly
Avoid!
Get out of this situation!

Grumpy-grumps!
Upset
Wound up!
Teeth clenched!
Childish
Take me home!
Now!

2 comments:

  1. Very successful at drawing out my feelings In the end we are confused.
    Excellent work

    ReplyDelete