Sunday 15 January 2017

Give Me Back My Rainbow!

A poem from 2016
“This is my covenant
My light, broken for you”

This is my pot of gold
Sucking lemon smiles, begin to fade
I am now my own worst virus
But I'm too outraged to dare to care

I wish you'd go away, we don't need your never-ending happiness

Am I blind to it?
See my hidden existential malady
You are not my father
You are not my pal

I will never try too hard
Never see the point
Get thee behind me, Jesus
Don't ever try to save me

This is not our sign in the heavens
This is not our schism
All our colours are shades of Sheol
Give me back my Tower of Babel
Give me back my rainbow
I am not a jealous god

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure exactly how to take this.
    (But it did get me thinkin')

    ReplyDelete
  2. An existential complaint, so bluntly uttered. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. Glad you liked it!

      Delete